BlackVue DR650S Overview
As the personal in-car security and recording market has developed over the years, one name has stuck out as consistently producing excellent devices with good support. That name is BlackVue.
Matching high quality imaging hardware with a discreet design, the affordable BlackVue 650 range has been regularly updated with new features. The newest DR650S feature cloud services which are accessible thanks to the built-in Wi-Fi connectivity.
BlackVue Over The Cloud
Available on all the newest range of BlackVue cameras, BlackVue Over The Cloud (OTC) connects your BlackVue camera to wireless systems to ensure real-time GPS tracking, automated video back up, alarms and more.
Through the app you can remotely monitor your car in real-time, engage in two-way conversation, receive notifications on your phone when events happen in your car, backup video to cloud storage, GPS track the camera's location and remotely play back stored video on your smartphone. Exact features will depend on the camera model you own.
BlackVue have included a top of the range 2.4MP Sony EXMOR CMOS sensor in every DR650 range camera. This module has a 129° wide viewing angle so it can capture footage to the front and immediate sides of your vehicle depending on your positioning.
The front camera can record Full HD (1920 x 1080) video at 30 frames per second, providing perfect split second frame-by-frame playback if required for review. You will also have 3 recording modes which are Normal, Event & Parking)
The rear camera records in standard HD 1280 x 720p, at 30 or 15 frames per second.
A built-in GPS module on the DR650S tracks the camera's locations at all times, augmenting that data with speed and elevation statistics. This allows you to overlay recorded videos with this information for better analysis of the conditions.
The all black colouring and discreet tube design are part of what makes BlackVue cameras so attractive. Made to be as small as they can be, telltale LEDs are hidden on the back of the unit, which can be hidden near the top of the windscreen and angled down for a camouflaged installation.
Don't know if a Dash Cam is for you?
Check out the Clove technology blog
Our Car Camera Features Explained post runs through all the available features.
Our Dash Cams - The Good, the Bad and the Funny post runs through exactly what you can use your dash camera for
Not sure if a Dash Cam is for you? Then take a look at our Should I buy a car camera? post that runs through the pros and cons.
What's in the box of BlackVue DR650S
- BlackVue DR650S-1CH camera or BlackVue DR650S-2CH front and rear camera
- Car power adaptor and power cable
- Double sided adhesive for mounting
- Micro SD memory card (16 / 32 / 64 / 128 GB dependent on purchase)
- BlackVue branded USB memory card reader
- 5x cable clips or 8x cable clips
- User manual
BlackVue DR650S Specifications
- 1 Channel or 2 Channel
- REC LED
- GPS LED
- Wi-Fi LED
- Front Security LED
- Rear Security LED
Front - Black / 118.5 x 36mm / 94 grams
Rear - Black / 67.4 x 25mm / 28 grams
- 3-Axis acceleration sensor
- microSD card (16GB / 32GB / 64GB / 128GB)
- Wi-Fi on/off button (Long Press: Format button)
- MIC on/off Button
- Event (G-force sensor)
- Parking (motion sensor + G-force sensor)
- Built-in Type Super Capacitor
- Front - 2.4 Megapixels CMOS sensor
- Rear – 1 Megapixel CMOS sensor
- DC 12V – 24V
Angle of View
- Front - 129°(DGNL), 103°(HORZ), 77°(VERT)
- Rear - 129°(DGNL), 108°(HORZ), 57°(VERT)
- 280mA (3.36W at 12V, when GPS and Wi-Fi is On)
- 190mA (2.28W at 12V, when GPS and Wi-Fi is Off)
- Full HD (1920×1080)@30Fps
- Full HD (1920×1080)@15Fps
- HD (1280×720)@30Fps
- HD (1280×720)@15Fps
- -20℃ ~ 60℃
- -20℃ ~ 70℃
- Front - FCC, CE, RoHS, Telec, RCM, WEEE
- Rear - FCC, CE, RoHS, Telec, RCM, WEEE
- Blackvue Viewer(Windows, Mac OS S/W)
- *Windows XP and above
- *Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard supported
- BlackVue(Android 2.3 and above, iOS 6.0 and above, Windows 8 and above supported)