Clove Technology are no longer able to obtain Samsung SmartThings products. For alternative equipment, please view our full Smart Home range
Samsung SmartThings Hub Overview
The SmartThings Hub is the control unit for your SmartThings network. This box connects to your home internet connection so it can send messages to your smartphone and other authorised equipment in the wider world.
Samsung's Hub connects to all of the connected SmartThings by using the Z-Wave protocol. This is a low power, short range wireless 'mesh' network that doesn't intefere with other wireless systems you may be using.
The Hub can be run on mains power and also has a battery backup (4x AA included). This allows it to stay active for up to 10 hours if you experience a power cut, or just happen to be moving it from one position to another.
Z-Wave allows all of the connected Things to communicate with each other, so if something happens to one of them, all of the others know about it.
The SmartThings Hub is the brains of the operation and is responsible for issuing commands to other units or sending notifications out via the Internet.
So if the Motion Sensor spots a person at the front door, the Hub can send a push notification to the SmartThings app on your phone, and tell other connected Things to act - turning on a light indoors perhaps?
Samsung SmartThings Collection
The SmartThings collection includes a range of products that can all communicate to create your personalised network.
Remember, Samsung SmartThings are also compatible with hundreds of products from other manufacturers. Check offers & compatibility with the SmartThings app.
- Samsung SmartThings Starter Kit
- Samsung SmartThings Power Outlet
- Samsung SmartThings Motion Sensor
- Samsung SmartThings Multi Sensor
- Samsung SmartThings Moisture Sensor
- Samsung SmartThings Presence Sensor
Reasons to buy Samsung SmartThings Hub
- Remotely monitor equipment and occurences at your home
- Hub is used as a control point for all connected equipment
- Receive notifications and control from the SmartThings smartphone app (Apple / Android / Windows)
- Interact wirelessly with connected products
- Compatible with 100s of products from other manufacturers
- Open to modifications and enhancements through the SmartThings Developer Program
Samsung SmartThings Hub Technical Specification
- 5vDC @ 2A max
- Type: 4x Alkaline AA
- Battery Life: Up to 10 hours
- iOS 7.0+ / Android 4.0+ / Windows Phone 8.1+
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 40 °C
Shipping / Storage
- Temperature: -20 to 50 °C
- Humidity Range: 0 to 90 % RH. (non-condensing)
- Wireless: FCC / ZigBee / 2.4 GHz
- Protocol: Z-Wave+
- TX Strength: +20 dBm
- RF Channels: 14
- Range: 130+ ft. (40+ m) LOS
- Colour: White
- Dimension (HxWxD): 123 x 107 x 37 mm
- Battery: 4x AA Batteries