Terms and Conditions
1. All orders placed are subject to stock being available - please note that we do not currently have the facility to update the stock status of all products on our website (please feel free to contact us before placing an order to check stock availability). If there is likely to be a long delay or we are unable to obtain stock then we will endeavour to update our website, or contact you providing relevant information.
If the product description page for any of the items ordered states 'PRE-ORDER' in red letters (next to the title) then no payment will be taken for the order.
Payment will be taken immediately for all other orders. If an item becomes unavailable, we will contact you providing alternatives if possible and give you the opportunity to cancel the original order.
All orders from the web can be cancelled for a full refund of the GBP sterling amount paid to Clove Technology, provided we have not already shipped the goods to you.
2. Order Acceptance - receipt of an order confirmation email from us does not constitute acceptance, or confirmation of an offer to sell. Additional information may be required prior to shipping of any order. An acknowledgement of your order will be sent to you upon dispatch. Clove Technology reserves the right to decline an order for any reason.
3. Payment for goods and delivery including applicable UK taxes need to be made by a method shown on the website, at the time you place your order. Payment is required in complete before dispatching of goods. Where a credit account has been approved invoices shall be payable by the business customer within the agreed time period.
4. Prices are subject to change without notice - however, when an order has been placed we will always endeavour to honour the price advertised at the point of order. In the rare circumstances where we have to increase the price, we will advise you and offer you the opportunity to cancel the order.
Every effort is made to ensure the prices shown on our website are accurate at the time of order. If an error is found, we will inform you as soon as possible and offer you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling your order.
5. Goods will be delivered to the supplied delivery/shipping address given to us when placing your order, unless you contact, or are contacted by Clove Technology to make amendments to that address. If you fail to take delivery we will try and contact you to re-arrange the delivery - we reserve the right to charge a further delivery charge if required.
Every effort will be made to deliver your goods as soon as possible. Clove Technology will however not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you through delays in delivery.
6. All goods remain the property of Clove Technology until paid for in full.
7. We will not accept claims for lost or undelivered packages until 28 business days have passed, from date of dispatch. Of a 7 day week, 5 of those 7 are usually classed as business days (with the exception of UK national holidays and bank holidays). After 28 business days, if the package has still not arrived we will ship a replacement package or offer a full refund, whichever is preferred.
This will not apply if any option for “NO Insurance”, or similar wording, has been selected at the time of ordering. Refunds will be processed within 14 days after the claim has been made. If we can provide proof of delivery of a package then a refund or replacement shipment will not take place.
8. Any claims for damage or incorrectly shipped items must be made within 7 calendar days after delivery of goods.
9. You have the option to withdraw your order for goods before shipping, and also within 14 calendar days of the goods being delivered. In order to complete withdrawal we require you contact us either by phone or email to arrange this, live chat conversations through the website will not be accepted. Once you have exercised your right to withdraw, you should return the goods without delay and not later than 14 days.
a) You can examine the goods as you would in a shop, but to obtain a full refund you must not start using them. The installation of software or completion of the setup process on smartphones constitutes usage. The goods must be returned in 'as new' condition within the original packaging.
b) The option to withdraw is only available to UK/European customers. Where goods are purchased and shipped to a country, which is not part of the European Union. They can only be returned in the event of a manufacturing issue.
International customer can check network frequency compatibility at the following website https://willmyphonework.net/
10. All our transactions are made in Pounds Sterling (GBP), so a commission/transaction/currency conversion charge may be levied by your card issuer.
If you purchase goods from overseas you may choose to have the amount paid to Clove Technology for the goods refunded, either through cancellation of your order before it is dispatched, or when returning a product to us. You may encounter currency fluctuations upon the refund, which are beyond our control and we cannot be held liable for.
11. Orders shipped to EU countries are charged the current UK rate of VAT, unless a valid EU VAT number is supplied. Orders shipped to non-EU destinations are not charged VAT.
12. Clove Technology is not liable for any customs duties you may incur when shipping goods internationally. In some countries, there may be a restriction on importing smartphones and similar devices or you as the buyer may need to acquire an import licence. It is therefore advisable you check your appropriate local customs charges/regulations before proceeding with any orders.
If goods are refused import and returned to us, you as the customer may be liable for charges incurred with the shipper, in relation to the storage and delivery back to us of the goods.
13. Goods are not supplied on a trial basis. Where an EU consumer decides a product is not suitable, they can exercise their right to withdrawal from an order, within the initial 14 calendar days of delivery. In the case of business customers where goods are no longer required, they can only be returned at the prior agreement of Clove Technology. They may, however, be subject to a restocking fee of up to 25% or 20 GBP, whichever is the greater.
14. The privacy and confidentiality of your personal information is important to us. Therefore it is our policy not to disclose or sell information about your orders and products you purchase to any outside organisation. Clove Technology may use such information to communicate special promotions and offers to you by email or post unless you notify us that you do not wish to receive such communications.
15. Clove Technology's total liability in contract, tort (including nor breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation or otherwise arising in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of this agreement shall be limited to the price paid for the goods. If you are a business customer we shall not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage (whether for loss of profit, loss of business, depletion of goodwill or otherwise), costs, expenses or other consequential costs.
16. These terms and conditions do not affect consumer statutory rights.
17. Errors and omissions accepted.
At certain times we offer voucher codes which can be used on the website. These codes are entered at the checkout stage providing discounts on individual products or complete orders. To use a code simply enter the voucher code at checkout. Vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or codes. We reserve the right to remove voucher codes at any time without any notification.
We will endeavour to use the most appropriate valid voucher in circumstances where multiple ones are incorrectly given. In the event an invalid voucher is given to us we will process the order without any reduction on the value of the goods.
When placing pre-orders with us please be aware prices on some occasions can be estimations, and whilst we try to ensure accuracy the amount may fluctuate before the launch of the product. Payment details are not taken when a pre-order is placed with us.
When the launch date and price of the product are confirmed we will email you, giving you the opportunity to either proceed with payment or cancel your pre-order.
UNLESS IT STATES ON THE PRODUCT PAGE IN RED LETTERS THAT THE ITEM IS A PRE-ORDER PRODUCT YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THE ITEM.
A. If you need to return any goods due to an issue arising, please contact our sales staff to discuss, before sending them back. Quite often we can resolve problems over the phone, or via email.
B. All returns are subject to an inspection before any decision is made concerning their resolution.
C. All returns must have a valid returns number given by a member of staff from Clove Technology. Failure to return a product with a valid returns number could delay processing and cause errors.
D. EU customers have 14 calendar days from delivery to withdraw from their contract with us and return the goods for any reason. Following authorization of the return, goods must be back in our possession within a further 14 calendar days. This is a cooling off period which entitles you to inspect the goods as you would in a physical shop.
If goods are sent back to us outside of this period or are received in a poor condition where there is physical damage to the product, or items are missing from the packaging. Then we reserve the right to apply a restocking fee to your return, which will be dependent on the condition of the product.
E. In the event, a smartphone proves to have an issue within 30 calendar days from dispatch and is sent back to us within this time period (or is within 30 calendar days of delivery for UK/EU customers). We will endeavour to offer you a replacement/refund.
After the initial 30 calendar days have expired, or if the smartphone is sent back to us with physical damage, it will be automatically be directed to the manufacturer’s service centre for repair.
F. When returning goods to us within the initial 14 days of delivery, where you have changed your mind and wish to withdrawal from the order, you are responsible for ensuring their safe delivery back to us. Alternatively, we can arrange a collection of the goods at your expense. This will normally be dealt with as a reduction in the refund we offer.
G. Where it is deemed there is an issue with the goods, we can arrange collection free of charge for UK/EU customers (goods need to be made available for collection), or reimburse costs associated with the shipping costs to return. Customers outside of the EU are required to return goods at their own costs, and it is their responsibility to ensure safe delivery.
H. In the event a repair of the goods is deemed appropriate, returning goods to UK/EU customers will be free of charge. If however, the goods need to be sent to an address outside the UK/EU you will be liable for the cost of shipment.
I. We reserve the right to levy a handling charge in the event of returned goods being found to not be faulty, where they have been sent back to us after the initial 14 days of dispatch/delivery.
J. Products which have been modified in any way (for example if a phone has been rooted, hacked or any malicious/unauthorised software is installed), will invalidate the return authorization and the goods will be returned to the customer at their cost.
The Waste Electrical or Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive requires countries to maximise separate collection and environmentally friendly processing of these items. In the UK, distributors (including retailers) must provide a system which allows all customers buying new electrical equipment the opportunity to recycle their old items free of charge. Those establishing their own take-back scheme must as a minimum offer all customers buying new electrical equipment free take-back of their old electricals on a like-for-like basis. Unwanted electrical equipment is the UK's fastest growing type of waste.
Many electrical items can be repaired or recycled, saving natural resources and the environment. If you do not recycle, electrical equipment will end up in landfill where hazardous substances will leak out and cause soil and water contamination – harming wildlife and also human health. We are pleased to offer our customers the chance to recycle their old electrical items when purchasing a new item from us.
To remind you that old electrical equipment can be recycled, it is now marked with a crossed-out wheeled bin symbol. Please do not throw any electrical equipment (including those marked with the crossed out wheeled bin symbol) in your bin.
If you are a UK customer, please contact us for further information regarding our scheme to take back your old goods.
Information about us
www.clove.co.uk is a site operated by Hugh Symons Exchange Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales under the company number 10616239.
Registered office: Unit 12, Alder Hills Park, 16 Alder Hills, Poole, Dorset, BH12 4AR